Bramon Wine Estate was established in the year 2000, where the first Sauvignon Blanc grapes where planted. Bramon started out with just a couple of hectares and has grown to 23 hectares in total, with Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir planted.
Bramon Wine Estate is the furthest easterly vineyard in the Western Cape. In 2005 Bramon applied to the wine and spirit board to have Plettenberg Bay region declared a Wine of Origin Region. A team of professionals ranging from Soil Scientists, viticulturists through to Wine Makers visited the region to study all aspects of the area to see if it qualified for Wine of Origin status. The team made a recommendation as the region met all criteria and it was Gazetted later in 2006 as a Wine of Origin District (not ward, a ward is a portion of a district). In 2007 more vineyards where established in the region and to date there are 21 registered vineyards in the Plett area with Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir as the main cultivars.
The Bramon Wine Estate cellar was completed in December 2010. This marks 2011 as the first official wine-making year in the history of Plettenberg Bay.
Our winemaker, Jaco van der Watt, is excited about the full spectrum of flavours from different pockets of vineyards in the Plettenberg Bay area ranging from capsicum and the typical green aromas of Sauvignon Blanc to tropical pineapple, passion fruit and gooseberry.There has been a flurry of activity with vineyards popping up in the area – so keep your eyes open for new varieties out of the Plettenberg Bay Wine of Origin region!
The story of a our vineyard has been captured in a new, premium Méthode Cap Classique Sauvignon Blanc and Blanc de Blanc earlier this year. The 2018 and 2019 Bramon MCC is made in limited quantity, of 100% Sauvignon Blanc from our top-performing Plettenberg vineyard.
Bramon was the first wine farm to make MCC from only Sauvignon Blanc.
- Bronze Veritas Award 2005 Sauvignon blanc Methode Cap Classique
- Old Mutual Trophy Bronze for Bramon 2010 Sauvignon blanc Méthode Cap Classique
- 4 ½ stars John Platter for Bramon 2010 Sauvignon blanc Methode Cap Classique
- Michelangelo Double Gold Bramon 2012 Blanc de blanc Methode Cap Classique
- Vitis Vinifera Gold for The Crags Sauvignon blanc 2012 wine
- 4 ½ star John Platter for The Crags Sauvignon blanc 2012
- Hidden Gem award John Platter for the 2013 MCC Chardonnay
- Michelangelo Double Gold Bramon 2013 Blanc de blanc Methode Cap Classique
- Vitis Vinifera Gold for The Crags Sauvignon blanc 2013 wine
- Michelangelo Silver for The Crags Sauvignon blanc 2013
- Terroir Award for Bramon 2014 Blanc de blanc Methode Cap Classique
- Vitis Vinifera Gold for The Crags Sauvignon blanc 2014
- 4 ½ stars John Platter for The Crags Sauvignon blanc 2014
- 4 stars John Platter for The Crags Rose 2014
- Michelangelo Silver for The Crags Sauvignon blanc 2014
- 4 stars John Platter for The Crags Chardonnay 2014